The Centre is open to clients 5 days a week, Monday to Friday ( 9.30 til 4.30pm) with a late night on Tuesday (until 7.45pm) purposely for those who remain at work.
We offer support to anyone affected by cancer. That could mean you have a diagnosis or you are supporting someone with a diagnosis.
We believe that the impact of cancer is not just physical, and that recovery is assisted by attending to the needs of the whole person, mind, body, spirit and emotions.
We provide this support in a variety of ways which will work alongside conventional medical intervention. Our aim is to provide you with techniques that help you to relax. The more we can help you relax, the more you are able to support yourself on the road towards recovery.
We offer support partly through use of complementary therapies and partly by teaching techniques which can help you to relax.
Accessing therapies, learning Self-Help techniques, taking part in Groups and Talks can all help lesson some of the distressing symptoms which may occur as possible side effects of surgery, chemotherapy or radiotherapy. Side effects such as fatigue, nausea, sleeplessness, anxiety or panic attacks.
For a one off Registration fee of £20 at your Welcome Assessment, you can book to come along any weekday to the Centre. You will have :
• Free access to the Centre building and use of the beautiful gardens
• Free membership of the extensive library
• Access to a number of free 1:1 therapy treatments
• Access to highly qualified therapists who specialise in cancer care therapies
• Access to learn 'Self Help Therapies' & Relaxation Training classes – all at Half Price (current training courses)
• Access to Talks on Healthy Eating, Health & Wellbeing at Half price.
• Access to specialist Groups such as Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditation, Relaxation, Art, Choir, Friday Drop In sessions for a reduced donation of £3 per session
• Access to free beverages - although we do ask for a donation if you would like to make one !
• Access to use of the Café and the discounted fresh food served daily 10am – 2pm
• Advance notice of future events, talks, workshops, fun days etc
• Large Free car park available with full access for disabled clients.