Thank you for visiting the The Cancer Support Centre owned and updated by The Cancer Support Centre, Registered Charity Number 1089658
Protecting the privacy and personal data of our visitors is very important to us. This page explains what data we collect and how it is used.
What information do we collect?
When you browse the site, no data is collected about you. However, we do collect and record information which you volunteer to us in your emails and via our contact form.
How do we use this data?
We process your data only for specific and limited purposes. We only ask for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. We will use your data to:
enable us to understand more about how this site is used and, in turn, to make sure it reflects your needs
send you any information you may have requested
contact you occasionally to let you know of updated information which we think will be of interest to you
If you prefer not to receive such information and would like to be removed from our mailing list, please email us to let us know.
How can you access your records ?
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information we hold about you on our records. The CSC will provide the information to you within 20 working days from receipt of :-
- The fee of up to £20, which must be paid in advance
- A complete signed request in writing.
Why do we collect information about you ?
The therapists and staff caring for you keep records about your health and any treatment and care you receive from the CSC. These records help to ensure that you receive the best possible care. They may be written down in paper records or held on computer. These records may include :-
- Basic details about you such as your name, address, date of birth and next of kin
- Contact we have had with you, such as appointments or groups you
- Notes about your health, treatment and support
- Recommendations made for your treatment programme
- Relevant information from people who care for you and know you well,
such as health professionals and relatives
It is essential that your details are accurate and up to date so we can get
in touch with you when we need to and please inform us of any changes
as soon as possible.
How is your personal information used ?
In accordance with your consent given on registration, your email address will be used to send information about services or events which may be of interest to you.
Your records are used to direct, manage and deliver the support you receive to ensure that:-
- The therapists involved in your care have accurate and up to date information to assess your health and decide on the most appropriate care for you – this is really important as some complimentary therapies will not be appropriate for some health conditions or cancer treatments
- Your concerns can be properly investigated if a complaint is raised
- Appropriate information is available if you see another therapist
We take our duty to protect your personal information and confidentiality very seriously.
We are committed to taking all reasonable measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of personal data for which we are responsible, whether computerised or on paper.
Please note that if for any reason you would like to talk to someone concerning your support or treatment programme, you are entirely within your rights to request this.
The first step would usually be to discuss this with your Client Advocate who is responsible for your care. However you are free to speak to your Therapist or the Centre Manager if you would prefer.
How is your personal information used to improve the services at CSC?
Your information will also be used to help us manage the support we are able to give. It will be used to :-
- Review the care we provide to ensure it is of the highest standard
- Contribute to service development and inform new services
- Ensure our services can meet client needs in the future
- Investigate patient queries, complaints and legal claims
- Prepare statistics on CSC performance
- Aid internal and external audits of CSC accounts and services
- Help in applying for funding from trusts and charitable foundations
Who do we share personal information with?
Everyone working within the CSC has a legal duty to keep information about you confidential.
We will not disclose your information to any other parties without your express permission, unless there are exceptional circumstances, such as if the health and safety of others is at risk or if the law requires us to pass on information.
The Cancer Support Centre operates according to its Quality System, which lays out set procedures and polices for all areas of the work we do to support you.
You can find an overview of the system on the website.
If you wish to have a copy of the CSC Confidentiality Policy or Data Protection Policy then please contact the office .
If wish to make a Complaint, please first talk to the Centre Manager who will try to resolve the problem. Alternatively, please put your it in writing and post to the Centre Manager, at the address below.
The Cancer Support Centre,
Lindridge Road, Sutton Coldfield, B75 6JB
Telephone : 0300 012 0245 email : email@example.com
Charity number: 1089658 Reg Companies House, Cardiff No: 4202897