Clients are offered a Welcome Assessment (there is a registration fee of £20) with a Client Advocate who will guide you through your support programme. This is to help us to understand your concerns and ensure that we can offer you the best support possible. They will ask you some questions, and make suggestions as to which 1:1 therapy treatments they feel will benefit you most. Together, you will develop your own personal treatment plan, which will include a number of free 1:1 treatments and access to a range of group activities and self help workshops.
Benefits of your one off Registration fee of £20
You will have :
• Free access to the Centre building and use of the beautiful gardens
• Free membership of the extensive library
• Access to a number of free 1:1 therapeutic treatments
• Access to highly qualified therapists who specialise in cancer care therapies
• Access to learn ‘Self Help Therapies’ & access other workshops – free or at half cost (current workshops & courses)
• Access to Talks on Healthy Eating, Health & Wellbeing
• Access to specialist Groups Activities such as Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditation, Relaxation, Art, Choir, Friday Drop-In sessions for a suggested donation of £3 per session
• Access to free beverages – although we do ask for a donation if you would like to make one!
• Access to use of the Café and the subsidised fresh food served daily 10 am – 2 pm
• Advance notice of future events, talks, workshops, fun days etc
• Large Free car park available with full access for disabled clients.
Hello I am one of the six Client Advocates who work at our Centre.
When you come to our Centre for your assessment it will be with one of us. We are all experienced in working with people with cancer, and some of the C.A’s have experienced a cancer diagnosis themselves.
At your assessment we will sit down in an informal and comfortable setting and you can tell me what your situation is, whether you have experienced a cancer diagnosis yourself or whether your are a relative, carer or friend of someone with cancer. I will listen to whatever you would like to share with me in complete confidence, and I will explain to you what the Centre can offer you in terms of help and support. After that I will answer any questions you may have and we will fill out a couple of forms. Then we work out together how we can best assist you.
After your free treatments we will meet up again for a review appointment. At this appointment you can tell me how you have been getting along, how you have found your experience of the Centre and the support and therapies we offer, and together we can decide how you would like to use up your remaining appointments and if there are any other ways in which we can help and support you.
I am always happy to meet up with you for a chat if you have any queries or concerns. Just ring the office and they will pass on a message to me.
All of the Client Advocates feel privileged to be able to support and assist you during your time at our Centre.