Imagine a place of sanctuary where people gather to laugh, chat and relax. Picture a place where positive thinking and kindness are the core values. Over fifteen years ago, Mavis Cunningham had an idea to create that place. Her vision was special because it was specifically tailored to meet the needs of people living with cancer.
Today that dream is a reality and the Cancer Support Centre has gone from strength to strength. It has grown not only in size but also in its capacity to care, thanks to all the staff, therapists, client advocates plus the volunteers and trustees who have donated their time free of charge.
We also need to give a big thank you to all our supporters who tirelessly raise the funds for the organisation to exist. We do not get any funding from the government or local authority to provide our services so every penny has to be raise from events and donations, plus some grants.
You can help us to provide the support to those affected by cancer by :
- Raising Funds: holding an event for us; being sponsored to run, walk, jump, or whatever you want to do, to raise funds
- Attending a Fundraising Event
- Supporting Another Supporter through sponsorship
- Make a donation towards the costs of supporting people affected by cancer or Gift Aid your donation if you are a UK tax payer. We can claim 25p back from HMRC for every £1 you donate. (There is no cost to you).
- Give via your phone through Justgiving Text giving
- Raising funds each time you shop online using http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/thecancersupportcentre . It is completely free to use and the Centre gets a donation for each purchase made.
- Some times there are things we need to purchase if you would like to see our Current Needs
- Donate your time by becoming a Volunteer
To those who have supported us and are currently supporting us a big THANK YOU.
To Our Patrons who support us each year THANK YOU
How To Support Us
We are very fortunate that many of you undertake many things to raise funds to enable us to continue our support of those affected by cancer. If you are able to help and support us in this way by taking part in a sponsored event, or holding your own event to raise funds. Download our Hints and tips to help you. Let us know what you are doing and we will give you as much help as we can and supply information, leaflets, etc to help you.
In their endeavors running, walking, sky diving etc.
You can donate by using your paypal account
The Sutton Cancer Support Centre is entirely self funded and does not receive any goverment funding or help. Any donations, no matter how small, are much appreciated and go a long way in helping all those effected by cancer who attend our centre.
To Donate please click the “DONATE” button below which will take you direct to the Secure Web site.
Thank You For Your Support
You can also give via your phone.
Text a donation via JustTextGiving
e.g. to donate:
£10 text SCSC1510
£15 text SCSC1515
£20 Text SCSC1520
Do you shop online? An Easy Way To Raise Funds
Do you shop online? Did you know that every time you buy something you could be raising money for The Cancer Support Centre – Sutton Coldfield?
Over 2400 well known retailers including Amazon, M&S, Boden, Waitrose, House of Fraser, Vodafone, Virgin Atlantic and many more, will donate a percentage of what you spend to The Cancer Support Centre – Sutton Coldfield! when you shop with them, via fundraising website easyfundraising.org.uk
An Easy Way To Raise Funds
Instead of earning points, each purchase generates a donation. So instead of going directly to a retailer’s website, go via easyfundraising first and choose the retailer you want to shop with – then everything you spend with that retailer earns a free donation for The Cancer Support Centre – Sutton Coldfield. It’s completely free to use and your shopping won’t cost you a penny more. You can even download a reminder link for your favourites bar which will prompt you if you forget!
Each retailer will donate between 1% and 5% of the cost of your shopping – and those donations soon mount up.
So whatever you need to buy, from your weekly grocery shop or fashion must-have, to your business travel, office supplies or mobile phone, buy it via easyfundraising and raise money for The Cancer Support Centre – Sutton Coldfield at no extra cost to you!
Please register to support us when you shop online – www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/thecancersupportcentre
We are currently in need of the following items. Your donation and/or contribution will be much appreciated.
- A4 White photocopier paper
- New Therapy bed – the current one has been condemned
- Quality Items which can be used as Raffle prizes
Thank you to :
- The individuals who have made Gifts and Donations – toward the costs of their therapies, in remembrance of loved ones, in celebration of anniversaries, and for all the many other reasons …
- The volunteers and supporters who arrange and run all the variety of fundraising events and activities and collections, complete fun runs, cycle rides and all manner of other things to raise funds for the centre.
The various companies and organisations who have supported us and raised funds for the Centre during 2017 including:
|ABvie Pharmaceuticals||All Saints Parish Church||Anne Brown||Asda Minworth||Boldmere Bullets|
|Buzzard Valley||Canwell Show||Caroline Parkinson Memorial Fund||Centrepoint Print||Charisma beauty Salon|
|Charity Chums||Chris Kimberley||Cookes furniture||David Hamilton||Edwards Restaurant|
|Four Oaks Ladies Club||Foxhill Fashions||Gemini Financial Services||Grays of Shenstone||Inner Wheel|
|John Lewis||Lovells Partnerships||Lynne Archer||Mad Friends||Marks & Spencer New Oscott|
|Mere Green||Moo Fresh||Sarah Worrall||Shaylors||Spec Savers|
|Streetly & Four Oaks Tennis Clubs||Sutton Charitable Trust||Sutton Coldfield Chamber Choir||Sutton Coldfield Moor Hall Hotel||Sutton Vesey Rotary|
|Tangent Sutton Coldfield||Waitrose Mere Green||WI Walmley||Wylde Green & Mere Green|