Imagine a place of sanctuary where people gather to laugh, chat and relax. Picture a place where positive thinking and kindness are the core values. Over fifteen years ago, Mavis Cunningham had an idea to create that place. Her vision was special because it was specifically tailored to meet the needs of people living with cancer.
Today that dream is a reality and the Cancer Support Centre has gone from strength to strength. It has grown not only in size but also in its capacity to care, thanks to all the staff, therapists, client advocates plus the volunteers and trustees who have donated their time free of charge.
We also need to give a big thank you to all our supporters who tirelessly raise the funds for the organisation to exist. We do not get any funding from the government or local authority to provide our services so every penny has to be raise from events and donations, plus some grants.
In order to provide our services we have to raise and average of £3200 per week. At really busy times this cost rises to £3600 !
Actual cost of a 1:1 therapy is £42
Actual cost of running a group per hour is £46
You can help us to provide the support to those affected by cancer by :
- Making a donation towards the costs or set up a monthly standing order. Don’t forget to Gift Aid your donation if you are a UK tax payer. We can claim 25p back from HMRC for every £1 you donate. (There is no cost to you).
- Holding or attending an event holding an event for us; being sponsored to run, walk, jump, or whatever you want to do, to raise funds or support those who are…..
- Raising funds each time you shop online It is completely free to use and the Centre gets a donation for each purchase made.
- Current Needs details some things we need to purchase. If you would like to make a donation of something specific get in touch via the contact us page – phone call or email.
- Donate your time by becoming a Volunteer
- Companies who want to support us through their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes are always welcome.
To Our Patrons who support us each year THANK YOU
Thank you to :
- The individuals who have made Gifts and Donations – toward the costs of their therapies, in remembrance of loved ones, in celebration of anniversaries, and for all the many other reasons …
- The volunteers and supporters who arrange and run all the variety of fundraising events and activities and collections, complete fun runs, cycle rides and all manner of other things to raise funds for the centre.
The various companies and organisations who have supported us and raised funds for the Centre over recent years
The various companies and organisations who are currently supporting us and raising funds for the Centre :
|ABvie Pharmaceuticals||All Saints Parish Church||Anne Brown||Asda Minworth||Boldmere Bullets|
|Buzzard Valley||Canwell Show||Caroline Parkinson Memorial Fund||Centrepoint Print||Charisma beauty Salon|
|Charity Chums||Chris Kimberley||Cookes furniture||David Hamilton||Edwards Restaurant|
|Four Oaks Ladies Club||Foxhill Fashions||Gemini Financial Services||Grays of Shenstone||Inner Wheel|
|John Lewis||Lovells Partnerships||Lynne Archer||Mad Friends||Marks & Spencer New Oscott|
|Mere Green||Moo Fresh||Sarah Worrall||Shaylors||Spec Savers|
|Streetly & Four Oaks Tennis Clubs||Sutton Charitable Trust||Sutton Coldfield Chamber Choir||Sutton Coldfield Moor Hall Hotel||Sutton Vesey Rotary|
|Tangent Sutton Coldfield||Waitrose Mere Green||WI Walmley||Wylde Green & Mere Green||Sainsbury in Mere Green|
|Midcounties Cooperative Travel In Sutton Coldfield||Marks & Spencer Mere Green|